Since that time Apex Emission Testing has steadily grown to become one of the leading stack emission compliance monitoring "test houses" in Southern Africa.
Apex Emission Testing prides itself on accurate, impartial emissions testing, and atmospheric emissions reports that are compiled to meet not only the requirements of the Air Quality Act, but client's emissions abatement programme requirements too.
All of our sampling equipment is regularly and routinely calibrated as per ISO17025, SANAS, methodological and/or manufacturer requirements.
All staff members remain abreast of technological, methodological and legal advances through on-going training, seminar attendance, in-house personal development programmes and membership of professional registration bodies.
Air Quality Services and Compliance Monitoring
Isokinetic Sampling Services (Particulates, Aerosols and Mists)
Apex Emission Testing utilises US EPA Sampling Methodology to accurately determine concentrations and mass flow rates for any of the following process, or combustion, related parameters:
- Temperatures and Pressures (static and velocity),
- Stack gas molecular weight,
- Stack gas moisture content,
- Volumetric flow rates.
Concentrations and mass flows of:
- Acids (Organic and Inorganic),
- Dioxins and Furans (PCDD/PCDF),
- Metals (Antimony (Sb), Arsenic (As), Barium (Ba), Beryllium (Be), Cadmium (Cd), Chromium (Cr), Cobalt (Co), Copper (Cu), Lead (Pb), Manganese (Mn), Mercury (Hg), Nickel (Ni), Phosphorus (P), Selenium (Se), Silver (Ag), Thallium (Tl), Zinc (Zn))
- Oil Mists (Vegetable, Mineral etc.),
- Particulates (PM2.5, PM10 and Total PM)
Non-isokinetic Sampling Services (Gases and vapours)
- Ammonia (NH3)
- Carbon Dioxide (CO2)
- Carbon Monoxide (CO)
- Fluorides (Total F as HF)
- Hydrogen Sulphide (H2S)
- Nitrous oxide (NO)
- Nitrogen Dioxide (NO2)
- Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons (PAH's)
- Sulphur Dioxide (SO2)
- Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC's)
- NEW SERVICE - US EPA Method 21, Leak Detection & Repair Programmes (LDARP) - Contract Apex Emission Testing to manage your facilities leak detection programme and "LDAR regulated component" geo-database.
Vehicle Emissions Testing Services
- Diesel Exhaust Emissions Opacity Testing
- Diesel & Petrol Vehicles Noise Emissions Testing
Ambient Environmental Monitoring Services
- Dustfall / Dust Deposition (ASTM Method)
- Ambient Gaseous Concentration (VOC's, Oxides of Nitrogen, Oxides of Sulphur etc.)
- Ambient Total Suspended Particulates (TSP), PM10, PM2.5 and PM1 Concentration Sampling - Topas Datalogging Sampler Method
- On-site Meteorology
- Dispersion Modelling
Desktop Quantification Assessments and Air Quality Compliance Administration
- Mass Balance and US EPA Emission Factor based calculations.
- Computer modelled quantification of emissions from liquid storage tanks.
- Screening level dispersion modelling.
- Atmospheric Emission Licence (AEL) Application assistance.
- Air Quality Impact Assessments.
- NEW SERVICE: NAEIS "Preparer/Consultant Services".Submissions to the National Atmospheric Emission Inventory System.
ArcGIS has been fully integrated into Apex Emission Testing's Services.
Sampling Equipment Sales and Training
Apex Emission Testing is a proud distributor of Apex Instruments Inc.
(NC, USA) instrumentation, and is also able to provide theoretical and
practical classroom based training on Apex Instruments sampling equipment
and software, as well as US EPA sampling methodology
Contact us for details, or see the Apex Instruments Inc. website www.apexinst.com
US EPA Documents and Methods
Promulgated Test Methods
Proposed Test Methods
Approved Alternative Test Methods
EMC Conditional Test Methods
Preliminary Test Methods
EPA Quality Assurance Handbooks
EPA Emission Measurement Center Technical Support
EPA Emission Measurement Center Directory
EPA Emission Measurement Center Information Documents
CARB Test Methods (California Air Resources Board)
Test Methods for Evaluating Solid Waste (SW-846) Air Pollutants
Continuous Emission Monitoring
Performance Specifications and Other Monitoring Information
|NIOSH||Manual of Analytical Methods|
|WHO||World Health Organisation|
|ISO||International Organization for Standardisation|
|SANAS||South African National Accreditation System|
|UKZN||DOEH University of Kwazulu Natal, Dept. of Occupational & Environmental Health|
|NACA||National Association for Clean Air|
|IOSH||Institution of Occupational Safety and Health|
|SAIOSH||South African Institute of Occupational Safety & Health|
|DEA||Department of Environmental Affairs|